entertainment

The Bachelorette" season with Taylor Frankie Paul canceled after 2023 video surfaces, ABC says

Updated on: March 19, 2026 / 8:33 PM EDT / CBS/AP

The Bachelorette" season with Taylor Frankie Paul canceled after 2023 video surfaces, ABC says

TL;DR

  • ABC has canceled the upcoming season of 'The Bachelorette' starring Taylor Frankie Paul.
  • The cancellation comes days before the season's premiere due to a newly released 2023 video.
  • The video reportedly shows an altercation between Paul and her ex-partner, Dakota Mortensen.
  • Paul was previously arrested and pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge related to the incident.
  • A spokesperson for Paul stated she is focused on her family's safety and will share her story.
  • Paul, an influencer from Utah, was an unusual casting choice for 'The Bachelorette' as she had not previously appeared on the franchise.
  • Paul also stars on the Hulu reality show 'The Secret Lives of Mormon Wives,' both owned by Disney.
  • Filming for 'The Secret Lives of Mormon Wives' Season 5 was paused due to an ongoing domestic assault investigation involving Paul and Mortensen.